a) The Party Responsible for Data, and Representative
Pursuant to the Law number 6698 for the Protection of Personal Data (“Law Number 6698”), your personal data may be processed by Koç University (“Institution” or “University”) acting as and in the capacity of a data controller, to the extent described below:
For detailed information about the processing of your or your Guardian’s personal data to be processed based on your application to one of the above programs, please visit the Policy on the Processing and Protection of Personal Data available at www.ku.edu.tr.
Your personal data that has been collected will be processed in connection with the related Programs at Koç for High School Students for the purposes reasons listed below:
Your personal data collected and processed for the purposes listed above is transferred
– to the relevant units of our University in order to process your registration, payment, security, e-mail and wifi usage, library access, laboratory access as well as to ensure that the courses you take within the scope of your chosen program can be followed and processed by the faculty members or lecturers.
– authorized public institutions and organizations upon their request. Personal data processed within the scope of relating Programs at Koç for High School Students are not transferred abroad.
Your personal data, in order to carry out the application and registration process of relating program; are collected from you or your Guardian by filling the application form in the relevant program link of the page https://highschoolprograms.ku.edu.tr/ electronically and sharing the required documents with the University within the scope of the application documents, bank payment receipt, pictures or videos taken during the program, through physical contracts & undertakings & declarations signed by you or your parent reports or other documents relating to your health and /or disability and are processed for the following legal reasons:
– Establishment of the contract concluded with you or your Guardian,
– Execution of mutual rights and obligations arising from the contract,
– Ensuring compliance with the legislation to which we are subject, such as YÖK legislation, and
– Establishment, use and protection of a right.
As the owners of the personal data, you shall have the following rights as established in Article 11 of Law Number 6698:
Requests concerning your rights listed above may be communicated to the University by filling in the “Application Form” accessible from the site www.ku.edu.tr. In addition, as stated in the Application Form, you can also apply by sending email to email@example.com via
– the e-mail address you have specified in the application made by you or your Guardian to the Programs at Koç for High School Students and registered in our systems, or
– via the e-mail “…@ku.edu.tr” address created by our University for your use until the end of the Program after your registration to the preferred Program and allocated to you. Depending on the nature of your request, the University shall finalize this free of charge as soon as possible, and latest within thirty days; however, in cases where the procedure incurs an additional cost, our University will charge the fee specified by the tariff established by the Committee for the Protection of Personal Data.