Introduction to Industrial Engineering – Ceyda Oğuz
This course will introduce basic industrial engineering concepts. The classification of production systems is discussed. Basic optimization techniques and models are introduced. Probabilistic concepts are discussed showing the effects of randomness on production processes and bottlenecks. All concepts will be illustrated through classroom games.
- Description and Classification of Production Systems
- Linear Programming and its Applications
- Effects of Randomness on Production Processes and Bottlenecks
The course develops using different learning experiences below:
- Learning material: introducing the techniques that IEs use, and help the students to internalize the IE viewpoint
- Experiencing: Letting the students experience being an IE through games.