As the team of Koç University High School Programs, our aim is to provide the participants with a safe, memorable, and informative experience.
During the High School Programs, it is expected that the participants should be responsible for their own actions and to avoid any behavior that would disturb the progress of the program. All participants are obliged to follow the below rules:
1. Codes of Conduct:
- Every participant is responsible for their own actions and discourses
- Participants must be respectful to everyone.
- Participants must follow every direction of the High School Programs Team.
- Participants must follow copyright laws.
- Participants must respect the personal information and the privacy of others.
- Participants must always use respectful language when speaking towards their peers, mentors, instructors, and teachers during written and face-to-face communication.
- Participants must be accessible within the program hours.
Responsibilities of the participants regarding the courses:
Before the online class:
- Attendance is mandatory unless there are health-related issues.
- Participants should be properly dressed and prepared for their participation in online classes.
- Participants should make sure their environments do not contain distractions.
- It is suggested to use a computer or a laptop to participate in online classes.
- Participants should make sure that their necessary systems and devices (internet connection, laptop, etc.) are ready to use before the online classes start.
- Participants must be logged into the system before the online classes start.
During the online class:
- Participants should avoid any behavior that will disrupt the order of the classes.
- Participants should not use any mobile or electronic devices which will distract them during online classes unless the instructor allows it.
- Participants should only use electronic devices to follow the course and avoid distracting factors during the class.
- Participants must choose an appropriate background that will not distract others and must turn on their webcams in order to interact with the class.
- Participants must follow the rules which will be determined by the lecturer.
- Participants should turn off their microphones unless they are speaking.
When a participant does not comply with the code of conduct the below steps will be followed:
- Code of Conduct is reminded to the participant by the program coordinator and he/she is encouraged to correct their behavior.
- If the behavior is repeated/goes on, in addition to a verbal warning, the program coordinator gets in touch with the participant’s parents/guardians.
- If the behavior of the participant reaches the point that requires a second phone call to be made to the parent/guardian, the program coordinator has the right to ask the participant to leave the program.
2. Actions that are prohibited:
- Must not disturb the program deliberately.
- Must not refuse to follow the code of conduct.
- Must not use profanity or inappropriate language in any online platform, emails, and other communication channels.
- Must not make any inappropriate statements that could harm someone else physically or mentally.
- Must not have any individual correspondence in any online platform where all participants are present.
- Must not make discourses containing insults to any person/persons, or engage in any behavior involving harassment in any way.
- Must not write or send any content that is hostile, insulting, or offensive to others.
- Must not knowingly upload any file or program that contains a virus to any platform.
- Must not share his/her KU net password with anyone else.
- Must not share his/her access information to KU NetID provided by the program.
- It is prohibited to take screenshots of any of the e-resources used within the program and to share with third parties.
- It is prohibited to share any file or content with outsiders or third parties.
- It is prohibited to record any of the courses and share it with third parties in any circumstances.
When a participant does not obey the prohibited actions the below steps will be followed:
- Primarily, the coordinator gets in touch with the participant’s parents/guardian.
- Secondly, a written record of the behavior in question would be kept. (The record will include an explanation of violation of the code of conduct, the way it occurred, its consequences, and why the behavior in question was wrong.)
- It must not be forgotten that other than the aforementioned rules and the code of conduct, all participants are subject to Koç University “Classroom Code of Conduct”, “Student Code of Conduct” and “YÖK Student Disciplinary Code”.
- There will be no refunds given for participants who are asked to leave the program due to violations of the Code of Conduct.
- Some parts of this document have been adapted from the “Princeton University Summer Day Camp” Student Code of Conduct, “Virtual Learning Center” and Leiden University’s remote teaching guidelines.